With 74% of all internet traffic now video related, and viewers retaining 95% of a message when they watch it on video, the message is clear. If you’re not using it, then you better start!
With Cisco predicting by 2019 that this figure will rise to 80%, it’s not difficult to figure out what people want. No matter the business, industry, or brand you’re involved with, video must become part of the marketing program.
While we certainly don’t profess to making decisions purely based on statistics, they do provide great insights. Some things to consider:
- Users spend 88% more time on websites with video
- Video on your landing page can increase conversion by 80%
- 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision process
- 74% of users who watch an explainer video about a product/ service bought it
The use for video is limitless. Whether you’re telling a story, educating people, promoting something or entertaining, video is the perfect avenue to do so. From corporate businesses, medical companies, not for profit (NFP) organisations, retailers and education providers, to construction, mining, transport and small business, video can be used by businesses in a variety of ways.
- Corporate videos – telling your business or brand story
- Promo videos – marketing of a specific product or service through promotion, demonstration and testimonials
- Educational videos – induction and training, occupational health and safety
- TV Commercials – used by companies to market products and brands to large audiences
- Web video – Campaigns specifically created for the web audience
- Social Media – Great for branding particularly on major sites like Facebook, YouTube and Instagram
With 65% of people considered visual learners, and 80% of users retaining what they see, playing the percentages when they’re this conclusive makes sense.
It’s time to utilise video production as part of your digital marketing strategy and open your business and brand to more of the market. Fish where the fish are, but make sure you’re using the right bait!